Monday, August 31, 2009

Rest in peace, baby

The handle of my company cabin bag doesn't move up as it should so I had to send it to the uniform store for repair.

And I figured I'd better do it right after I returned from a flight just now because the mean guys at scheduling haven't updated my duty for tomorrow yet. If my bag isn't repaired by tomorrow and I have a duty, then I'd have to carry my heavy bag everywhere instead of lugging it around in ease like everyone else.

To my dismay, the staff in the store told me that instead of fixing the handle, "the bag will be destroyed".

Geez! This bag has been with me for one month short of 2 years, since I joined the company!

And now they tell me they'll destroy it and I'm supposed to surrender it just like that!

With much reluctance, I emptied the bag of its contents which have stayed roughly the same for two whole years. Feels like I was pulling its intestines out as I'm writing it now.

It's now been replaced with another used cabin bag. I dunno who the hell had used it before but it's mine now. A bit disgusting, really. And to think I've kept mine in tiptop condition and now it has to be destroyed just because of a darn handle.

Well, the new used bag isn't that bad either so I guess I can thank my lucky stars eh.

I love hoarding things because sometimes even if I know I can't fix them, I feel like they've been a part of me for some time so I have feelings for them.

But today, there was no time for goodbyes.

Wondering what will happen to my loyal ol' cabin bag :'(

No comments: