Thursday, June 12, 2008

I met...Keanu Reeves!!!

Actually, his look alike.

One of my seniors actually resembles Keanu Reeves on a flight recently.
He was pulled out to do the flight so he was the last to arrive in the briefing room.

The moment he sauntered in, I couldn't help but stared. Really stared. And the corner of my lips just curved upwards as if they had a mind of their own.
Geez...can't believe my luck!

Later I discovered that depending on how close you see him from, he takes on his own looks when you are at a distance to talk face to face with him. But he looked 100% like KR from afar.

Whenever he walked into the galley I was working in and talked to me, I would flash him the brightest smile. I was looking forward to the return sector when he would work in the economy galley.

On the second day of the layover, a few of us crew went out to the city on the hotel shuttle bus. Him, too. Everything was fine and I was still looking forward to working with him the next day.

It was already dinner time when we got back at the hotel. Me and another 2 crew were planning to go to the seafood restaurant by the beach where we went the night before. One of the crew mentioned it to KR-lookalike and invited him to join us. At first, he didn't seem to interested in it and asked things like, "Is it expensive? Is it far? What did you eat there?". We told him how much we spent and the seafood platter there had mini lobsters, prawns, crabs, fish and calamari in it. On hearing this, he said to his friend, a crew from another flight, "Let's go, man!"

But later, they came down with another girl so that made 6 of us. The cab could only take 5, max. But KR was adamant about the driver taking all of us. Else we would take another cab. I was the one who asked the hotel to arrange the cab for us. And the driver was a nice middle-aged man who'd took us the night before. Me and the other 2 crew felt sorry for him.

Finally, after a few minutes of arguing, KR got it through his thick skull that taking all of us together was outta the question. Mainly because I prompted him by suggesting, "If you don't feel like going, it's ok, we can go by ourselves." Since he didn't look too happy already, I doubted he would enjoy the food there. But he insisted that he wanted to go and added, "But I wouldn't go with YOU", looking at us and the driver who refused his request.

So we all got into the cabs and stopped by a DVD shop before heading to the restaurant.

Me and the other 2 crew were just talking about never ordering any western food like pasta or pizza there. It was Colombo after all. If we had wanted those, we could have it in Dubai. We decided we should have some authentic spicy local food. But Mr-No-Common-Sense KR-lookalike didn't seem to think that way. He ordered pizza.

And that was when the real nightmare began.

He took one bite of the pizza and groaned, claiming that it tasted like cheese on toast and summoned the waiter over to ask whether there would be a discount. When the seafood platter arrived, he complained that the seafood buffet in Marriott Hotel in Dubai is a lot better. C'mon, the buffet costs around AED200 whereas the platter in Colombo is only AED60. How is it fair to compare the two?!? Later, he kept on pestering the waiter to make the confounding pizza FOC.

OMG, the shame. And he was the one earning more than everyone of us at the table.

Later, a crew tried the pizza to see how bad it was. She agreed that it didn't taste that hot. Then I tried. KR looked at me expectantly in order to get a negative answer from me. I told him to stop looking at me like that so I can enjoy the food. After I finished, I said that pizza probably wasn't their forte here.

After they finished their meal, KR suggested it was time for bed. We were gonna stay a bit longer because I ordered another dish just for myself. So we told them to go back first in case they wanna rest early, but of course it was entirely up to them. But KR made it look like we forced them to leave. At that point, I really didn't care. Got sick of him and his drama.

At first, me and a gay crew joining us for dinner thought Mr KR-lookalike was simply dashing but now we knew better.

As a man, he didn't take things very cool huh.

No comments: