Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Can you believe this?

Just came back from a Kolkata flight yesterday. Yeah it was formerly known as Calcutta.

I checked the flight info after I was pulled out. It was only a 4.5-hour flight. So I thought it would be easy, although I was definitely gonna face in du ren on this flight. And I heard the hotel there is amazing. The only catch was the layover was only a friggin' 13 hours.

I guess I was too naive, or I wasn't very lucky that day.

As usual, those fuckin' in du ren kept making me running back and forth to get them stuff. When I was busy, I just replied I would get back to them and forgot all about it. And when I finally got back to them, someone else had already got them what they wanted cos I think they just ask every crew who passed by. So I just didn't get back to them anymore cos it was just a waste of my time, seriously! I mean, I went back to a pax to give her the meal after she asked me to get rid of the chicken nuggets for her cos she was vegetarian only to find that another crew had already given it to her. And I returned to give a mother the baby food that she asked for but she too was already given one. What the fuck! So I was actually runnin' up and down the aisle for nothin'!

The most infuriating thing on this flight was the brats. I'm referring to their kids here. I tell you, most in du ren's kids are about the most un-adorable and horrible things I have ever encountered in my life. Think I'm biased here? Well then, have a listen.

An arabic mother came onboard with 3 kids (2 boys and 1 girl) and sat right on FOUR seats that didn't belong to her. The kids looked in du ren (IDR) though. Maybe she married an IDR-Muslim, I dunno. Okay, let's call them Family A.

Later, the original owners of the seats came. It was a lady with a baby and a little girl. We'll call them Family B. She was being quite understanding if you ask me. She was willing to wait for a while for them to sort out the seats when Family A refused to move.

After a while, Family B became indignant though. Cos well if you think about it, it was their seats after all. Why should they wait? She began to argue with the arabic lady. A few of us crew tried to talk Family A into moving but they just wouldn't budge. Even the senior stewardess came but it was still hard to get them to move.

Finally, the arabic lady asked her eldest son, who was around 7 or 8 years old, to move into their original seat. He was reluctant and was cursing in their own language the whole time. And he even raised his voice at his mom. The mom didn't say anything, which I think contributes to their kid's bad behaviour. Anyway, the little girl from Family B sat next to Family A in the end.

When I was giving out toys, the eldest son from Family A said,"Thank you, auntie. Give to my sister as well." Then as an afterthought, he said abruptly,"But don't give to the little sister!" I think he meant the little girl from the other family who kicked him outta the seat just now. True enough, he even went to the extent to pull out his sis into the aisle and told me,"Only this is my little sister."

You know, I don't mind if they call me auntie. IDR kids call every lady they see auntie. I know a lot of young ladies are offended when IDR kids call them that but I'm not one of them. I can only say that I've given up. I mean, why get stressed about something as stupid as that?

But I was uber-disgusted at the little boy's vindictive behaviour. He was only what, 7 or 8 years old? And already he was feeling vengeful toward others and showing it as well? The toys was for everyone and he actually asked me not to give it to them.

And they kept standing up when the aircraft was taking off. I had to turn around in my jumpseat and shout at them to sit down. They were even running around in the aisle when we were doing service with carts. Another crew told the kids firmly to sit down but it didn't work. Finally I couldn't stand it anymore and told their mom as assertively as I could,"M'am, you need to keep them in their seats cos we can't work like this!" She just nodded but I couldn't see any efforts from her to try and do anything.

Then when we were securing the cabins before landing, all the IDR passengers stood up like it was during boarding. Can you believe it? ALL of them stood up and opened the hatracks to get their bags out! And we were like, 37 000 feet up in the air with potential turbulence hitting soon.

When I was securing my area, the paxs had multiple big bags either on the floor or on the seats. I was thinking in disbelief,"What, they think they can keep those in their seats for landing?" So i told them to put it back into the hatracks because it wasn't safe like that. They acted a bit blank. I actually told them to their faces that,"Yeah you HAVE to put those bags up right now cos we are landing. I don't understand why you take them all out cos you're gonna have to put them back up again. So please put them back NOW."

And I actually went back 3 or 4 times to personally buckle the seatbelts of those confounding Family A kids. But hell they just couldn't stop getting up! When 2 of them were suffering from pain because of blocked ears, I was actually sneering inside, thinking,"Serves you right, you brats! I hope that can immobilize you till we land!" But no such luck, they were still alive and walking around during landing.

Anyway, I could go on forever talking about them. But I'm not gonna do that now cos I'm getting tired of talking about those fuckin' bastards. And it makes me depressed anyway. So guess I'll stop cursing them for now.

3 comments:

The Princess said...

Well, the Gulf region is infested with in du ren (heck,even Europe and the States), so it's hard to avoid them. I used to think India is an exotic place, now don't even ask me to step on Indian soil.

I'm not a racist, just being selectively discriminating. Heh.

Zay Aw said...

This reminds me of my flight to San Francisco - it's freakin 16 hours flight! - and there's a uber in du ren (the baliah, dark one with strong in du accent) sitting next to me. The thing is, I was really tired and I needed to rest, but he was sitting next to me, talking to me all the time! (in his annoying In Du accent!)
IT WAS SO IRRITATING! Eventually, I switched my seat with a Vietnamese lady, after 4 hours of torment!
I think these In Du Ren are made by God to annoy the other human kinds.

Korshovaster - Tarino Monster said...

the princess,
yeah once anyone comes in contact with the real in du ren, they will wish these ppl dun exist on the face of earth at all!

zay,
in du ren are mostly concentrated in the U.S and U.K, they think getting da passports thr is more glamour ma. heck, one stupid a**hole in du ren even asked my colleague on a flight to london, "do u hv a toilet 4 UK passport holders?" how absurd is that?! haha next time be careful when u travel to SF so u dun get stuck wif them again