Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Tornado Weekend

My weekend had been a whirlwind of activities and I could barely catch up with it!

Friday felt like the worst day of my life and I broke down. It was really ironic because the things that happened would have otherwise been great but given the circumstances that day, too many good things in one day is a sure formula for disaster! I ain't gonna relate all the things that happened to me because you will just think I'm being whiny. Even I myself feel it was no big deal, really, it confuses me even as to how things turned out so bad.

I only had a bad day and I was whining like hell, but it turned out that Shyan had a whole bad week at work, no, make that ever since he started working in that large company. Well, big company, big politics, all backstabbers. But he still managed to put on a big smile for me, therefore I thought I should just stop drama-queening.

Luv ya lots, lao gong!


Then on Saturday, I went for the Qatar Airways interview which started at 9am at Crowne Plaza Hotel, KL. I already knew roughly what to expect from what I read on cabincrew.com and Penny's advices. However, it was still a bit unnerving to arrive and see all these really good-looking men and women in the hall, all waiting to enter the ballroom which may just be the start of their high-flying dreams. I could tell many of them are not first-timers to these interviews. Geez, most of them look like cabin crews but even they haven't got in after multiple attempts, what chance do I have against that? But I thought of Jacqueline and thought, "Since she could do it, I probably could too." Anyway, I didn't think I would get selected this time round.

The ballroom door opened and all of us filed into the room eagerly. I made acquaintance with the girl next to me named Amy. She's from JB too and she came all the way from JB to KL for the weekend because she didn't know there was another interview on the same day in Singapore. Oh, I loved her rosy pink complexion! She's actually 28 this year but she sure doesn't look it. Her resemblance to one of my college lecturers, Ms. Joanne Teh, was uncanny. They could have passed for sisters, if not twins! Maybe she was selected, I dunno, since we didn't exchange any contacts. But she looked good enough to be a CC.

I even met Si Qi, who was my course mate in college. She was wearing a business suit as well, suited her. She had always given me the impression of being demure and lady-like. She spotted me first - I was sitting right in front of her! And we exchanged phone numbers. Currently, she's working in Subang as a secretary. Well, I guess Graphic Design doesn't really work in Malaysia. Most of my course mates back in college had given up on this field to embrace better opportunities. Yours truly is gonna be one of them soon, in case you're wondering. But I need to figure out what I can do next, if I really can't get myself into a good airline, then I'd have to think of another way out.

And so the open day continued and it was time to submit our resumes and photos. There were 2 interviewers collecting them, unfortunately, my group had got an austere-looking one so it was quite unnerving. After submitting my stuff, I went home at about 12.20pm. Hmmm, still had a lot of time left before Che Wei came to fetch us for the Port Dickson trip. I went home and had a nap but I woke up after only an hour or so, anxious for the Qatar call. Every time someone calls me, I wanted to hang up because I thought I would miss their call.

As expected, no call from Qatar for me. So I thought, what the heck, I didn't have to worry about rushing back from PD tomorrow! Another way to console myself, I guess. But what more can I do, right? Might as well have fun with my friends first! I sms Si Qi, seemed like she didn't get through too. See, what the interviewers are looking for is totally beyond me! I thought she might get through!

Che Wei came to fetch me, Cheryl and Evelyn at 5.30pm. We met up with Wai Kiat and the others at a petrol station near the Sungai Besi toll and we were on our way to have FUN!

We were having the BBQ at Corus. Weng Soon, his GF and Wan Sek were already there setting up all the necessities. Gotta give credit to Weng Soon this time because he had everything ready for us.

Party started!!!

I had lotsa fun fooling around with them. So lucky to have them as my group mates in college! Unlike other tutorial groups, ours was the most united one. Almost all of us do everything together, whereas other groups move around in cliques. Needless to say, we were the envy of other groups because we always seemed to have so much fun, although other groups would be least likely to admit it. We are still the envy of my other friends because our group still keeps in contact after TWO whole years of graduating! In fact, we are having another yumcha session this Saturday.

After we finished makan-makan, we packed up and left for Glory, where we would be spending the night at. The condition of the 2-bedroom apartment was excellent! It even had a VCD player! All thanks to Ai Leen, who helped arrange for our accomodation. She's a PD local and the apartment belongs to her friend's friend so she got the house at only RM140 per night!

It was a day after Cheryl's birthday so Weng Soon bought a cake for her. Ping Yit even came all the way from KL to give her a surprise. PY and Co. only stayed for a while then made their way to Corus to get a room for the night. After eating the cake, me, Cheryl, Jaan Hoong, Wan Hoon and Willeon went for a seaside walk. We really shouldn't have left the others at home.

Here's why.

The guys were sprawled across the living room floor when we returned. They were zzz-ing away like pigs, I tell you! So much for the fun-filled PD weekend they promised! We had no choice, so me and Wan Hoon went to sleep. Wan Hoon was complaining about how boring the trip was compared to our last Xmas trip, which she missed. Well, she spotted the picture of Boon Fei morphing into a transvestite and it was damn funny!

And now, the guys were sleeping like dead logs, imagine her dismay! I tried waking them up, not really hard, I admit. I pulled at Sze Foong's blanket, jumped a bit on the cushions Wai Kiat was sleeping on, made some noise in front of the other guys' room, but to no avail. So I gave up and went to sleep. Fucking freezing, I tell you!

First night in PD went just like that.

Second day, we checked out and went to the beach. Geez, this is getting long winded! I might as well make it short.

Jaan Hoong surprised (and disgusted) us in his swimming trunks! Thank God he didn't wear the brief type! I didn't get into the water because I was menstruating and was worried that there wouldn't be anywhere to shower. But I was destined to get wet, I guess, since I went on the speed boat and was splashed by a wave as I was getting down.

Okay, I'm so lazy to write now. Just wanna say that I really enjoyed myself, although not as much as last Xmas. Hope next time we can go to Pulau Perhentian together, guys!

No comments: