Monday, July 17, 2006

Face off

One thing that really worries me about the interview with SIA and any other airlines is my skin. It's not really bad but it does have blemishes here and there. And from all the air stewardess pics I've seen, all of them have clear complexions. What's more, I also heard that they do check you on your complexion in these interviews! *Sigh*

Some of them even go to the extent of checking if you have body odour! Namely in the armpit area! How? I don't think I need to elaborate on that! I believe there are not many ways in determining that right? Where smell is concern, there's only you and your nose, put it up against the armpit and smell...and remember, it's the interviewers' noses up your armpits!



Smell tests in a perfume lab

Geez, being an air stewardess does need to be almost perfect.

I've taken a head and shoulders as well as a full length shot at Cheryl's house on Friday night. It was late, I tell you. I went to her house at around 11pm and we wrapped up at 1am. Well, we had to make my face up and decide what to wear. So I think that was pretty fast.

And the best thing about that was we actually had fun! Although we were both really tired but we were mucking around and taking funny shots as well. Then on Saturday and Sunday, I touched up the selected pix so that it looks like we had it taken in a studio. Haha, knowing how to use Photoshop really comes in handy sometimes! But my touch up skills are not that good so the background colour probably looks a bit fake, though. Cheryl is better in it cos she worked in a company that specializes in photo retouching last time. Shoulda asked her to do it but I don't wanna trouble her anymore.

Hey, Cheryl, thank you for helping me in this!

So now I only need ta upload the pictures to complete my application to Qatar and Emirates. But I guess I would have to let go of Qatar this time cos their Open Day is on 22/7 and I'm going to Port Dickson with my friends! I would really love to attend the interview but what to do, I've already made the plans with my friends since last month. No sense in "putting aeroplanes" now right? Man, I'm not a pilot! So I gotta let it go...*sob sob*

Friends are more important! That's right, keep tellin' meself that and be content! What's more, this trip is also in conjunction of celebrating Cheryl's birthday.

Back to my face...I'm having a beauty routine going on now but my face never seems to be completely clear of blemishes. Geez, help me God! Although I'm an atheist, but I do believe in a higher being when I absolutely need to, haha!

What the heck! I'll just go out and try it out first, whatever happens, happens! And if they don't happen, I'll make them happen!

Yiioshe! Ganbalimasu!

2 comments:

Love a Lot said...

Talli,

Yes!!! the face's complexion is very important!! But the body odour part I've never heard before hahaha...

They will check your face, hand and your neck front and back during the kebaya fitting, and then during the water test they'll check your face again, without make up on.

My friend Tammy got eliminated because she had 3 pimples during her menses break out and they told her "you have to look like this every month?"

Another one was my batch this time, this girl very leng lui... she also got eliminated because of her face, I don't see pimples from far, so I am not sure, they check with your fringe up somore... very very thoroughly!!! No where you can hide, you better take care of your face, buy those ermmm mineral water spray, Evian or Avene... It'll help, seriously!!

Tell me when you are going for interview okay? I'll give you more tips!! Make sure you get thru hehehe...

Korshovaster - Tarino Monster said...

Geez, talk about hard! Then I don't think I'd ever get in! My skin's not really bad but can see blemishes. I certainly hope it would really clear up by their next interview =(