Thursday, July 06, 2006

Desperation...

Penny is a girl who answered my question related to being an SIA cabin crew on cc.com. It seems she got through the final stage of the interview and is ready to start realizing her dream any time now. It wasn't without effort, however. She had tried many times in the past before she can get to where she is now. Therefore, she really does deserve this and I'm happy for her (although we barely know each other).

Meanwhile, I'm feeling down and insecure because I've just found out that she probably applied to the same SIA ad as me. Did I mention anywhere in this blog that I applied for the position end of May this year? Well, it seems that my application didn't even get through the online screening process. Sigh! There's probably something wrong with my resume. Or my experiences aren't what they're looking for.

I received an email from them asking me to complete an online assessment. But every time I click on it, it just says I've already done it. Is this where the problem is? I honestly do not know.

According to Penny, SIA don't conduct open interviews. If that's the case, I don't think I'll ever be able to become an air stewardess with SIA. Hrmph! However, I frequently see SIA posting interview announcements on their website. If all interviews are by invitations only via email, they wouldn't have a reason to do that, right? I just hope there are other ways.

Hell, they haven't even seen me in person, I just want to be given an equal chance as everyone else. If I can't make it, then so be it. But I haven't even had a chance to know if I can make it or not! Guess I can only pray and pray that they will conduct an open interview in Malaysia soon. Hopefully in KL.

On 1 & 2 July, SIA had actually conducted an open interview in Singapore. I didn't go since it was too sudden. And it's damn hard to get holidays from my boss. Therefore, I'm stuck here in KL thinking up possibilities of what would happen if I had gone.

My biggest regret about this is that I didn't do it earlier. I should have done it last year when I was in between jobs. I was such a coward then. And the year before that. And well, I guess I didn't really know of a channel to get into it.

SIA used to advertise openly in The Star for their cabin crew vacancies. It was easier but I haven't had the courage to apply then. I didn't think I was good enough. But now it feels like they are doing it in a hush-hush kinda way.
Why? I wonder.

Worst thing is, I don't think I have much time left since I'm already 23 this year. How many times can I go on trying? So help me God!

1 comment:

Love a Lot said...

Talli,

Oh girl, don't think like this. I've applied 5 times, i got invited for all these 5 times but I only turned up for the interview for 3 times.

It's luck I guess, I'll send you my resume next time to review if it does help you to get thru.

Okay the reason why they don't do open interview is just to save time, they have limited time to come over here just for selected candidates. Say like errrr 300-400 of us. And it took them almost a day, the first interview started at 8am and eneded about 6pm... for 300++ candidates.

You can always work out for some tips thru online but I can definately assist you for the interviews.

Regards,
Penny