Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Hmmm...

I'm so rajin today. Last night, I made a couple of egg and chilli tuna sandwiches and kept them in the fridge. This morning, I have one of the healthiest and most fulfilling breakfasts in the world! Believe me, I couldn't finish my mee hoon soup at lunch because I was still too full. But then again, I had breakfast at around 10.30am in the office, might as well call it brunch.

A new guy came to work today at our office, since Eric left, like, 2 months ago. He's very skinny, has a clear complexion, KLite. Lives in Jln Ipoh. Hey, stop, I'm not trying to dupe you into thinking he's good looking, coz he's not.

I'm not sure whether I like this new co-worker of mine. But I have a feeling he won't stay long. Let's wait and see if my sixth sense is right.

Well, during lunch today, me, Kenny, Nazha and the new guy, named Foong, went to 21 Carrots. Foong said he's going to buy something. So off he went and came back 15 minutes later with a white plastic bag. Nazha asked him what he'd bought. He replied that he went to buy some fruits. And he didn't order any food, he said fruits are enough, since he'd eaten in the morning already.

Moreover, food here are really expensive, I tell ya! From my conversation with him, I have the vague feeling that he was realizing this company wasn't really what he wants. After chatting for a while, Foong got up again and said he was gonna buy something else. It was 10 minutes to two. So the rest of us continued chatting until 2 o'clock but Foong still wasn't back. Then we thought we had better return to the office first. I picked up the white plastic bag.

"Apa kat dalam tu?" Nazha asked.

"Tak tahu la," I replied while taking a look into the bag.

A half-eaten green mango (the extremely sour kind, I don't know what you call it in English), a bent-up polystyrene tray and a small pack of plum powder.

"Sampah ke?" Nazha asked again.

"Ya lah," I answered, a bit disgusted.

Well, maybe I was just being a busybody. But why the hell did he bring a bag of rubbish back there just to put it on the table? Weird.

After paying for our meals at the counter, we still didn't see him anywhere. On the way back, I was thinking quietly to myself, could he possibly have gone back to the office, packed his bag and left already, finally deciding this isn't for him after all?

We pushed open the office door and Mala was looking at us weird.

"Mala, we had lost the new guy!" Nazha told her.

"Right you are! He's inside now. How did you lose him?" Mala said.

We all looked at each other. Nazha and Kenny proceeded to the studio but I stayed behind and related the whole incident to Mala.

"So, you see, we didn't lose him. He lost himself!" I explained.

"Hmmm...maybe we should give him more time to blend in with us," Mala advised in a motherly manner, trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Sounds okay with me. I haven't discovered anything else wrong with him so far, aside from his strange gesture during lunch. I certainly hope he isn't as weird as I thought him to be.

No comments: