Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Random Things That Piss Me Off...

1. A certain Taiwanese celebrity by the name of BARBIE
How she got that name really beats me. It's a wonder how her showbiz career can actually flourish with that sorta bimbotic name. Cruel fact is, she IS famous over there in Taiwan. Guess certain Taiwanese have weird taste, eh? And no, she doesn't look like Barbie at all, Creepie is more like it. Her acting sucks big time too.

2. Ridiculously stupid girls talking on cellphones at the bus/taxi stands
Actually, I only ran into one of them that I REALLY hate. So just forget about the plural form, will ya? The story goes as one day I was crossing the road to get home. A girl carrying plastic bags and files with her was yakking away on her cell. Nothing wrong with that. Problem was, she was blocking the way to get to the staircase. I walked around her and before I knew it, a magenta-coloured plastic bag was flying right at my face. Luckily, yours truly reacted fast enough to stop the confounding missile in mid-air with a raise of my right hand. I turned to my right just in time to hear the girl apologizing to me profusely. Turned out she was trying to hail a damn cab so she simply shot out her arm without bothering to check if anyone was behind her! How dumb can a homo sapien get? I mean, it was obvious that route was a busy one at that time of the day! And she couldn't have missed that because there were always a massive group of people crossing the road after they alight from buses. As I wasn't smacked right in the face, I let it go. Else, you'll see a corpse with a magenta plastic bag sprawled across the taxi stand in front of O.M. Fruits Juice on Jln Genting Klang.

3. Losers with and overdose of smelly "perfume"
Right before I ran into the stupid-talking-on-the-cellphone girl, I was on the bus and someone got on, I think it was a guy, with an overwhelming smell of his cheap perfume. It was a familiar smell that was ubiquitous but an overdose can certainly kill the kind folks (like me) around you, okay? I was so dizzy cooped up in the bus that I ran into the No. 2 calamity above straight after I got off the bus. Guess I wasn't walking properly because of the head-spinner.

4. PMS with flu in hibernation
Yeah I got it. TWO MONTHS in a row, gracious! Flu in hibernation means they are probably somewhere in my system just waiting to break loose and cause riot in my ever-so-healthy body. I get headaches and the feeling as though a fever is well on its way but it never comes. Geez, just let me get it over with, okay? On top of that, I'm losing blood!

5. Slow walkers who block my way
I'm tellin' ya, that taxi stand near my house might be cursed! It was drizzling so I didn't bother using my umbrella (Note: I was having a headache, a fever was brewing). A girl holding a brolly in front of me was walking quite slowly (probably because her pins were a bit short). I was gonna cut in front of her but by some inexplicable phenomena, my ankle bent and I landed as a crumple on the tar-coated sidewalk. I was cursing under my breath when a kind Indian gentlemen (younger than me, I assume), reached down and helped me to my feet. To this kind young man, I apologize for my probably scary facial expression that probably kept you back afterward. I didn't mean that, I was gonna thank you but I couldn't seem to twist the scowl into a grateful smile in time.

6. Scabs that stick to tissues/cotton pads
After episode No.5, I dressed up my wounds with yellow antiseptic and some cotton pads. I only covered my wounds with these when I sleep, in case I accidentally hurt it again in my dreams. Next morning, the scab stuck to the pad just a wee bit. I was dressing for work and was gonna wear long jeans so I thought I'd just cover up the wounds as well and wedged a piece of toilet paper in between the wound and the pad. When I got home that evening, I realized in horror that the scab was firmly stuck to the tissue paper. I tried tearing it away but my scab went with it. It was so painful that I let out a loud groan. Lucky no one was home. Long time since I last fell and injured myself, guess that explains for the lack of pain-endurance. After I peeled of the scab, my reddish pink and watery frail flesh was exposed. I really dunno how the guy in Long Khong survived after his skin was burnt and subsequently wiped away with a wet cloth.

No comments: