Thursday, November 09, 2006

Taiwan Sister

OMG! Today I was told by the N-th person that I resemble a 台妹 tai2 mei4. That person is none other than my AD - Kenny. I might as well go die!

In case you're wondering what is tai mei (feminine) or tai ke (masculine), well, it's like the Taiwanese equivalent of the local lala, ah beng, ah seng (masculine),si ham, ah lian (feminine), etc.

I have absolutely nothing against this group of people okay. However, it always comes as a shock (not to mention hurt) to have other people place me under that category because I never thought of myself that way. Although I bear no grudge to them, being one of them is completely a different matter. I SO don't wanna be one of them!

Let's see how many decided that the gloves are off and called me that. Hmmm...there's my very own elder brother and sister, the Indian guy working at the mamak stall near my house (he said it indirectly), my AD, who else, I remember there being more than this but I can't remember the exact number and who they are.

Anyways, can't help it if it's in my blood *sob sob*. Guess I just have to face up to reality. Can anyone please tell me a way to make myself less of a tai mei? On second thoughts, I probably won't be able to keep at it, given my lazy character.

I've always loved Taiwan but I'm not sure this is the way I wanna get even remotely close to the Taiwanese lifestyle. But what can I do, right?

No comments: