Monday, September 18, 2006

Sucky

Oh gosh, I'm beginning to think I'm really unworthy. It's depleting my self-confidence and ego indefinitely.

I didn't get a callback from Qatar. SIA didn't want me either.

Geez, I've never experienced rejection for the same thing so many times before! Maybe largely because I normally get what I want. But I normally get what I want because of my attitude, personality and abilities. NEVER based on my looks!

Prior to my attendance to the SIA interview, I was worried.

Cheryl asked me,"So you are only worried about your looks, not anything else?"

Hell, yeah! And I answered her that.

Right, I'm that confident about myself. My abilities, to be exact. But I'm never 100% sure about my looks. Who am I kidding, I know I'm not the most beautiful girl around but can't you just let me get further than the prelim? Damn it!

The girls invited by SIA mostly had perfect skin, you know, those fair and pinkish type which I can never have in this life. It's fuckin unfair!

See, there were a couple of girls in my group who spoke even more nervously than me (so far I'm ok with my performance although there were some small mistakes). But guess what, they got it. They proceed to the second round. Yeah I know I sound like a sourgrape here but it's true. There was one girl in my group however, she really deserved to pass. She was very calm and steady although she wasn't particularly outstanding looks-wise. And yes, she did pass.

According to Jaku, a girl in her group with a huge birthmark on the arm passed too. So what happens to their no pimples, no scars, no visible marks policy? This is really frustrating! And a few even mumbled their way through but they passed too! Geez, I really dunno what they want!

If the girls who got through were really deserving i.e. calm speakers, overall just perfect, I would have known I'm not good enough. But this, this is not what I've been expecting!

Know what, 70 girls got through the water confidence test today! Consider the number! What a shame that I got kicked out in the 1st round considering the high intake rate this time!

Having said all that, I think I will still give it another few attempts. If I still can't get it, I'll know when to give up.

2 comments:

Love a Lot said...

Talli,

I told you gazillion times there are more that they observe rather than your looks or how calm you can be. 70 is really a lot anyways, my team was only 30 girls.

The way you talk about yourself, what kind of things you choused to say, those are really important. Seriously they are in need with staff so don't worry you can apply again and I am pretty sure you'll get it by then, don't worry. Give me a call when you see they have the have intake k?

Chill lar...

Korshovaster - Tarino Monster said...

I'll keep that in mind. Will let u know when they recruit again.

About the introduction part, I really dunno what went wrong. Almost all of us talked about our qualifications and why we wanna be cabin crew (cos they asked us to relate why).

Only thing I can think of is my presentation and introduction length. Maybe I should work on those next time.

Thanks for the tips, Penny!