Monday, September 04, 2006

3000 Troubling Tresses (Chinese saying)

My hair is driving me nuts.

I was grumbling to my Mom the other day about why wasn't I born with straight hair. It was all Mom's fault. My flat-chestedness was her fault as well (but how come she and my two sisters are well-endowed with average-sized chests?). My bulging tummy also came from her genes, I reckon.

Go ahead. Slap me for blaming my Mom for all these. I'm only human. Everyone needs someone to blame. So shut up and stop your slapping palm in mid-air if you have done that.

Anyways, the focus of this entry is not on putting the blame on Mom. I don't dwell too much on stuff like that either. I was just grumbling for the sake of grumbling.

Back to my hair.

Sure, some people might say curly is nice (simply because they have dead straight hair, I bet). Well, as they say, opposites attract.

I wouldn't mind if my hair is wavy like those mat sallehs. It looks natural. Problem is, it curls at all the wrong places!! There's this tuft of hair near my crown that curls like a winding river, which makes it look like a hair job gone terribly wrong! The curly facade makes my hair looks like it hasn't been washed for a few days (although I tend to do that sometimes), which is utterly disgusting.

I've gone for rebonding but well, it will grow out too. I also hate the restrictions of rebonding which includes not having my hair tied up when I want to. It will leave marks. And of course I wouldn't want that since I've spent hundreds of ringgit on it, right?

That leaves me with no choice but a stagnant hairstyle, which makes me look like Sadako. People expect me to climb out from a well or tv anytime. How would that make you feel, huh?

Worse, hairstylists are often reluctant to indulge me in a new hairstyle after I have my tresses straightened in fear of stick-out hair. I've always liked those really short hairstyle that makes a girl looks refreshing and playful. But they won't do it on rebonded hair, and who am I kidding? It would be insane to cut off those RM200++ hair! And now that my face is getting rounder, I can't even imagine myself in those incredibly short hairstyles anymore!

I love bobs too. But bobbed hair often requires straight and sleek hair, which yours truly do not possess. I can't even have bangs! Rebonding doesn't help because no one wants to do it for me anyway. So don't rebond, you say? Hello....!! As it is now, rebonding-free, it looks like strays from a horse's tail!

And no, I ain't going for rebonding anymore. My hair's falling out in staggering quantity. Hell no, I don't wanna be bald before I'm 30 years old, or ever! Most of those gone bald are men, I don't wanna be the minority in women. Nah, I don't wanna be that special!

Speaking of which, almost 90% of Chinese are straight-haired. Why am I the fucking 10% condemned by curly hair??

2 comments:

Love a Lot said...

Oh come on... I understand how would you feel when you look at someone who's having straight hair, eventually you'll get very upset with your curly hair. Me too having the same problem like you, though my hair is straight but it's freaking thick and it looks like some kind of damaged hair before I do anything with it.

Flat chest... same here! Sometimes I feel kinda... like... emm my self confidence just falls out from my soul. I am not even an average size and damn...

ohhh gosh...

Korshovaster - Tarino Monster said...

Haha. But u look good in da pix. Know wat, i've just gotten a new haircut n i'm absolutely lovin' it!!

on top of dat, i think i'm going 2 leehom's s'pore concert!

geez, my mood is sooooooooooooo damn good 2day!