Friday, September 01, 2006

Hum + Drum

I've been ranting about my humdrum life for a while now.

I think another one of my acquaintances just got herself accepted by an airline as air stewardess. Geez, seems like everyone I know has what it takes except me, myself and I.

It's very daunting since I am seldom faced with rejection like this. Of course, since I tend to abandon a pursuit if I deem it too difficult to reach. I'm one of those people who don't really care about anything as long as the sky doesn't come crashing down. Hmmm...come to think of it, even if it does, I doubt I would care much either.

As a Chinese saying goes,"If the sky falls, use it as a blanket."

Haha.

Wonder what I would become when I'm 50 years old? What would I have accomplished? Will I be happy? Will I be rich or ditchy poor? How many kids would I have? How many and what kinda properties will I own? Would I be able to look back and point out the things I've done that really make myself proud to be me? Or will I be terribly ashamed?

More than anything, I hope to be with the ones I love and be happy. Yeah I know it sounds corny, I would have scorned at the thought 2 years back. But age is a funny thing that transforms an individual. At different stages of our lives, it's natural for us to crave for different needs.

I don't ask for a lot. Financial-wise, I just hope I don't have to worry about money that much, although a reasonable amount of fretting is okay. I really do hope to see the world while I'm still young, when I still have the rush and the drive.

Gee, what am I talking about now? So bored that I can't help but keep on babbling about humdrum stuff that comes with my equally humdrum life.

K, don't worry. Signing off now.

No comments: