Friday, October 13, 2006

Friday the 13th

Happy Black Friday, everyone!

Yeah I know if you are really having shit today, you'd probably wanna whack me. But no luck for you, because it's still Friday the 13th, see? You can't get me because you don't even know me! Haha!

Mmmm...let's see why Friday the 13th is considered as unlucky. Go on, click here if you dare, I'm pretty sure no shit will explode onto your head though.

Apollo 13 exploded on April 13, 1970 - Friday (welcome to correct me if I'm wrong, cos I can't really remember). The 513 incident in Malaysia a few decades ago also happened on the 13th, but I ain't sure whether it was a Friday. There are also a load of other tragedies which happened on this date throughout history. But hey, there are tragedies every day okay?

If you've taken the time to go through the link provided above, you might assume that this is a western superstition. Surprisingly, Shyan's dad, who's a firm believer in Feng Shui and other Chinese superstitions, also takes the caution to avoid this day as much as he can. He doesn't work on the 13th of every month. Well, he can do that considering he's self-employed. If possible, he won't even step out of the house.

Then there are all the ghost stories I've heard that happened on the 13th floor of a building, room 13, group consists of 13 people, blah blah blah.

Do I believe in all these? Not really. But one thing I am 100% certain is, Friday is definitely the unluckiest day of the week in Kuala Lumpur no matter what the date is since the LRT always breaks down on this day! Worst, it jams like hell in the town area so even if you switch to buses, they'll only crawl like 0.01mm every 15 minutes. The only consolation is that I don't need to work the next day.

Gotta say this though, if your luck is crap anyway, it won't matter which day or date it is. You'll still have to endure your boss' shit, being stepped on the toes by an asshole wearing army boots when you only have sandals on and getting splashed with water puddles mixed with dog pee thanks to a passing car on a rainy day.

So there you go, it's Friday the 13th every single fucking day if your horoscopes is all haywired anyway.

No comments: