Thursday, October 12, 2006

Confused Potato

I am racist.

Yeah I AM RACIST.

But only toward a certain race in the world. I'm sure many of the "non-princes-of-the-earth" share my sentiments. Of course, not all the objects of my racism are as hateful as we make them out to be. But it's a different story altogether when they are in packs. The saying, "Safety in numbers" is definitely truer than true in this case. Numbers have a weird effect on people (and I'm not talking about mad-scientist calculus here!).

I didn't used to be like this. Here's someone who had gone through the entire 11 years of the compulsory education system in Malaysia in national government schools. Therefore, I can definitely declare myself as being more well-versed in the earth princes' culture than my Jenis Kebangsaan counterparts.

I was the one who tries her best not to eat or drink in front of them during the fasting month no matter how downright thirsty I was, or I'd at least go beyond 50 meters radius from them if I really can't stand it. In fact, I still do. But I've just recently started to eat my breakkie behind my colleague's back while he was fasting since our miserable pantry (more like store room) couldn't accommodate an average-sized girl like me to have a decent meal inside. Note that I did it while his back was turned ya. However, the aroma couldn't help floating all around the room, that's all.

I'm the one proud to be able to speak their language with their accent. I've even been mistook for being one of them over the phone and back when I was dark as coal. I could even integrate myself flawlessly into their internet lingo on the IRC that my other friends who went to SRJK couldn't understand what I was babbling about.

But I guess the environment changes all. Of course I didn't realize the unjustice happening around me when I was younger, or in high school. Well, I've always been a moron political-wise. As long as I don't get pushed too far, I just can't be bothered. As I get older and more in touch with the world around me, I become more and more frustrated.

I'm sure many had heard all kinds of stories regarding this issue all the time. The university quota, scholarship, housing privileges, among a million other things. Although the circumstances in Malaysia is still bearable, I do fear for the future of our own race.

As if to aggravate my dislike for this race, the annual Indon haze has to come floating across the skies. Doesn't matter what natural catastrophes hit them in the future, I genuinely do not think we should help them. And this has absolutely nothing to do with being racist.

Look at what they had done to the Chinese a few years ago in Indon (pardon me but I'm really bad at remembering news, or their timeline, for that matter). I was thinking of inserting those glorious pix of their deeds here but dropped the thought cos that might incur nausea in people who happen to stumble upon this blog.

They raped, robbed, killed, mutilated the people who helped (a lot) in bringing wealth to their country. I'm not saying the Chinese are noble but am merely stating the fact. Imagine what values their descendants will have. It's a vicious cycle that will never end.

And isn't it wonderful the quality air they produce for us annually? Results in asthma, breathing problems, heat, low visibility, etc. Very helpful nation they are, eh? I'm just curious...isn't there any international environmental organization, something like Greenpeace, to have a ruling on forest burning? Why do we have to endure this year after year? What are the ASEAN countries doing to protect their people from this?

Sure, they can apologize all they want. But sorry no cure la I tell you.


Then when tsunami struck, they have the cheeks to put on poor puppy dog faces to plead for aid. I wonder is their skin even thicker than the multi layered bawang?

Okay. So they wanted help. Other countries benevolently rushed to their aid by sending them donations of food, clothes, money, etc. Did they appreciate it? I dunno. But I certainly know that the drivers who delivered these donations to them were killed before arriving at the distribution site. Why? Because some of them just thought they would hoard everything for themselves without sharing with their fellow countrymen. Cool. These are the people who claimed it was unfair for the Chinese to dominate their national economics.

Okay, just bear with them, you might say, since their country is loaded with so many natural disasters. It's normal for them to be a lil screwed in the head.

But you know what, a divine power is probably punishing them. Since God wants to wipe them out so much with earthquakes and tsunamis, why should we help them? Going against the will of God is just goddamn wrong! That's why you'll be condemned to eternal damnation if you do that la, ok!

Hmmm...I guess Malaysia is still a better place then. Honestly, I love Malaysia. Wouldn't wanna live in other countries which have to deal with typhoons, hurricanes or earthquakes on a regular basis.

But can someone please improve the status and privileges of non-earth princes in this beautiful country? Yeah I know they are entitled to various privileges because they are supposed to be the earliest settlers on this land. But eh *scratch head*, I thought the earliest to be here were the orang asli? If not, then why are they called orang asli, which literally translates into original people? They were the people to live here originally right? Yup, they are the aborigines. I'm very confused here.

By the way, aren't we all made from earth in the first place? Why only they are called princes of the earth? Weird.

No comments: