Friday, June 16, 2006

Sick Cat

Right now, i'm sitting in my office with a runny nose and a phlegm-filled sore throat. Thank God It's Friday! Maybe i should go to TGIF then? Hmmm...

Applied online to SIA as their flight stewardess 2 weeks ago but still no replies. Well, the day after I submitted my resume, I logged into their website and found my submission indicated as "Screening". I was hopeful then, at least it was being screened. And I got this email from them asking me to complete an online assessment. But every time I tried to do it, it said that I've done it already. Ok. The "Screening" indication continued for a few days before it totally disappeared and no further indication was provided. Man, i'm beginning to worry.

No matter what, I'm going to their walk-in interview when they come to Malaysia. I'm determined to get this job, just hope it will come true .

I would really lurrrrvvvvvvvvvve to have this job! Who wouldn't, right? You get to fly all around the world and meet different people everyday on top of gaining invaluable experiences! Frankly speaking, aside from SIA, I'm not really interested with other airlines, since they're one of the bests around (and the pay is great!). However, if I fail, I might try out others. Well, can't think about failure now, must think about success!

I went to www.cabincrew.com and read about other wannabe cabin crews' experiences. It might surprise you that eventhough you possess a good education and work background in addition to having good looks, it doesn't necessarily guarantee you a place in the judges' heart during an airline interview. They can be extremely tough, especially SIA, I heard. Some girls went a few times but still haven't get recruited. From what I've read, it largely depends on luck too.

Recently, I have one friend from college who attended an interview conducted by Qatar Airways and she got it! Now she's happily flying around Europe. But, of course, it's hard work. She's the one who triggered me to realize this long-forgotten dream of mine. Serious, I had "air stewardess" written on my primary school character evaluation card (i think that's what it's called) as my third ambition. I don't really remember the first two, but I believe they are quite impossible for me to realize now. Which means the only one I have the biggest possibility of reaching is the third.

Shyan really supports me in it. But then he supports me in everything I do. I really feel extremely fortunate to have him for my boyfriend.

Gotta get back to work now. Talk later!

1 comment:

Love a Lot said...

Hi Dear,

I am Penny, I've just visited www.cabincrew.com and spotted your post there. You are Malaysian right? I would love to share with you some of my past experiences applying for SIA. I am attending the Final Interview tomorrow 4th July 06... I am very very nervous now.

They don't conduct open interview, all thru application only. They will send you an invitation if they find you suitable maximum 2 weeks after.

You'll need to attend this interview where a group of 10 candidates, you'll need to introduce yourself one by one.

If you got chousen, second round will be the kebaya fitting test where you put on the uniform and they'll check you complexion or see if there's any scars visibly shown outside the uniform. They will also need you to walk around to see your body posture.

Got chousen, it'll be an one on one interview where you will be questioned some situations, how would you react or maybe reading some passages or whatever it is they want you to be tested.

If you are shortlisted there, the next day you will have to attend a water confidence test, you'll need to JUMP into a pool ( my session was a 8ft pool ) and swim a lap, then immediately you'll have to walk towards the judge, with your make ups off and exhausted face.

After that, they will shortlisted out some candidates who's afraid of water, who can't walk properly, who don't have clear complexion on the face.

Finally, you go home and wait for their mail to invite you to the final interview...

Regards,
Penny