Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Men's best friend

Just watched Marley and Me on dvd.
Yeah I know the hype is probably over by now.
I'm always a bit slow :)
But the tears came all the same.

I suddenly realize that a dog's love for its owner is truly what we call unconditional love.

Haven't had a pet for a long long time now.

But I still remember how me and my sister cried when our kitten was ran over by a lorry. She was the smartest cat we've had. We picked her off the food stalls by the street. And surprisingly, she had the intelligence of a well-bred feline.

Better than Siamese cats, I would say. How I just hate Siamese cats! They're lazy and selfish and high-maintenance and utterly useless!!!

Anyway, one day we actually found our kitty peeing into the squatting pan in the toilet! And we didn't even train her or anything. She was so clean all the time. From then on, she would pee and poop into the toilet. Of course she couldn't squat on it cos it was too big. So she would squat at the side and aim her excrement at the pan. How cute is that!

And I still remember about the black puppy we picked up from a fresh litter of pups. He was the only boy and his hair was black and shiny. But the next day, a lorry knocked him down (why do trucks always have to run over them?!?). I could see his intestines and all. And it was still a baby.

The pets that we've had for the longest time were Baby and Shaky. I think their breed is called Samoyed in English.

We got Baby first. She always reminded me of a cartoon dog. Whenever she runs, her short legs seem to be spinning like wheels and all my friends were terrified of her. Cos she always looks really fierce. But she's actually not. Maybe she was just trying to protect us, that's all. And she loves to give me a thorough facial cleansing by licking my face all over. I used to think it was disgusting but I really miss it now. She always keeps her long beautiful tail curled up and it really looked like a flower.

Later we got Shaky. He was smaller than Baby. Somehow, I don't think Shaky is as pure a Samoyed as Baby. But we loved him all the same. Next to Baby, he was just like a little brother who was always relying on his older sister for comfort. Baby's role was like an older sister who was overprotective of her lil' bro. But Shaky wasn't the quiet type. He was playful and liked to ride on Baby's back while she runs (please don't think about the sleazy doggy position okay).

They were just like siblings.

But later we gave them away cos my Mom was pregnant with my brother and they didn't want too much dog hair in the house.

I want to have a dog these days so very much! Haven't come into contact with them for a while now.

Having my eyes on the Siberian Husky and Tibetan Mastiff. All really big and powerful dogs. But probably a husky will be more realistic cos the Tibetan Mastiff is too aggressive to handle.

I want my dogs now!!!

Meanwhile, here's a pic of me and a cheetah ;)


1 comment:

Zay Aw said...

but huskies are generally v. vocal! i love german shepherds, they're like the smartest dogs ever - at least to me hehe - and, they actually can be v. good indoor dogs... my sis used to have a GS, her name is Coco, she's just as classy as Coco chanel, she listens to commands, when i say, "go, coco", she goes, when i dont, she stays, and okay now this may sound cuckoo, but she actually understands Chinese! for a few nights straight, i told her to go to bed in chinese, and she really did go to bed after i said so. how smart is that???!!!!