Sunday, March 23, 2008

What boredom can do to you

I think I'm gonna die of boredom one of these days.

And I think my laptop hard disk doesn't have long to live too, considering the rate I'm downloading things from the Internet.

I've been sitting in front of my laptop from dawn till dusk till my eyes bulge from radioactive waves just to watch dramas and read comics that I downloaded.

HELP ME!!!

This isn't the life I signed up for when I scribbled my signature on the flying contract!

I always feel that among all my friends, doesn't matter where I know them from - in high school, college, KL colleagues, or the friends I'm having in Dubai now; I am always the one being/feeling left out. I'm just a sore thumb that sticks out and doesn't seem to fit in anywhere.

When I try to tell my friends about it, they just don't wanna believe it. They think I'm this really outgoing and sociable person who's happy most of the time. I only try to be that way so that I don't stick out too much, to make it less obvious.

See, I'm always the one who doesn't know what's going on in my friends' lives. Maybe that's due to my own laziness as well. But sometimes when I do try, no one seems to have any time for me. My timing is always bad, I guess.

Since my last flight, I've tried to call my friends here who are having days off as well. But no one answered. So I just gave up and accepted the fact that I should lock myself up in my comfy bedroom and watch everything on my laptop till my eyes burn and dry out. And that's exactly what I am currently doing.

I've thought of going out on my own. But I woke up too late today and didn't feel like doing so anymore. And there's the money issue.

I realize that after 6 months of being here, and that includes 4 months of flying, I still haven't saved much. God, I still gotta save for the holiday my parents (mainly my Mom) wanna make later this year. And UAE Dirham is unfortunately on the fall these days. It's much more lower than Ringgit compared to when I first came here. No wonder I don't see any money whenever I convert it into RM.

Well, I shouldn't complain, at least it's still much better than what I can get back home. Counting my blessings here. Please give me the strength to stop complaining and start living.

Sometimes I'm so bored that I imagine how beautiful life would be if I suddenly get to know a fatally gorgeous Chinese guy here in Dubai with a heavenly personality and become really close friends. Of course there's the risk of falling in love with him and breaking my Shin Shyan's heart but I will try to control myself.

I've always wanted a, well, I dunno how to say it in English but in Mandarin it's 暧昧, relationship with a guy. It's like a vague relationship between friendship and love, if you know what I mean. I love that feeling so much cos one minute it feels like a knife is slicing through your heart and the next you just feel like the happiest girl in the universe just because that person pats you on the head or flashes you a million-dollar smile.

Shyan ended that vague relationship with me and stepped into the real thing too soon. That's the only regret I have with him. His reasoning was, if he liked me, then he shouldn't waste any time in letting me know that and start a steady relationship ASAP. Nah, no games, babe.

Otherwise, he's a dream. He tells me he loves me every single day. Not once a day but many times a day too. Our standard greeting during a phonecall is "Love you, laogong/laopo". Oh, and also "muack muack". He would just look at me while I'm still asleep and observe every little gesture I habitually make. Like, curling/uncurling my toes when I feel warm and comfy and a million other things that even I myself don't remember.

Geez, I think I talked too much. Those are supposed to be private right?

Anyhow, I know I'm being a greedy bitch but I still want my 暧昧 friend. Guess too much manga reading is contaminating my brain. But that will make life so damn more interesting ya know.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I really love to read your entries.I am an EK wannabee and from Taiwan. SASS is going to hold the Open Day in Taipei. Coz we get the same recruiting agency. I think it's good to share your useful artiles on Taiwanese cabin crew discussion forum. I want to ask is that ok for you. I will definitely quote the source from. I won't post your articles until I get your consent. Thank you so much. Have happy flts all the time!

Doreen said...

u want a f*ck buddy is it? HAHAHAHA. i can't ready chinese, so gimme the pin yin when you decide to post in cina.

hehe.

i think you are going thru quarter-life crisis. hehe. the bouts of depression and lonliness sucks. but i'll blow over :)

Anonymous said...

很有同感哦!

Korshovaster - Tarino Monster said...

doreen,
aiyo not f*ck buddy ler. ai4 mei4 la. just someone who likes me and i like him but we don't express it. i also dunno what i'm talking about. dun mind me haha.

anon,
COOL!!! i heard da last time EK recruited in Taiwan, it was 6 yrs ago. now thr is only 5 taiwanese left in the entire company from the initial 10. heard its because EK applied for the taiwan route but still cant get it. i really hope they will start flying to TPE soon! cant tell u how much i LOVE taiwan! GOOD LUCK for your interview and thx 4 dropping by :) sure, if u have any questions about EK, feel free to ask. and u can link my articles to the forum as well. but pls let me know the URL of the forum so i can go and take a look too ;)

Anonymous said...

Thx so much!! It is very kind of you. Could I ask you a question? I am a smaill girl(only 156~157cms). Does EK have such small girls in the company? I can manage to reach 212cm without shoes.(thx god! I get long arms and big feet). But I heard SASS is very strict on height measurement. You can't reach the mark with very tip top position. Plus, you have at least three fingers above the mark. Is that true? Coz one of my fren went to the interview held by EK, the recruiters were not very strict on this part. I am quite worried my height issue. Anyway, Thx so much for your kindness. And hope EK will fly to TPE soon.Get my pump up in the upcoming Open Day.

Korshovaster - Tarino Monster said...

hi claire,
you are anon rite? doesn't matter how tall u are, as long as you can reach 212cm, its ok. yeah EK does have really small girls as well. i don't think they need u to have at least 3 fingers above the height but do try to practise reaching 1 or 2 cm higher cos yeah, i think they raise it up a little during interview. and the agent (sass) will try their best to help you pass the interview cos they get a commission outta everyone who passes from EK. they'll encourage u to stretch as far as possible to reach the requirement. so dun worry about that :)

Anonymous said...

yes,it's me. I forgot to introduce myself in my first post. Thanks for your encouragement. I boost my confidence again and will work hard to be EK mini cabin crew.
I will let you know the url when i link your interview articles. Thx for your suggestion. Really touched with happy tears.^_^