Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Xmas...

Merry Belated Xmas and Happy Boxing Day!

I had the loveliest dinner last nite with my Korean friends - Jin Hee, Ju Ae and Heelim. Sung Eun and Mui Shin had flights so they couldn't make it.

Jin Hee prepared some fusili, Ju Ae made some nachos with cheese and baked beans and Heelim made pan-fried teriyaki chicken with broccoli, potatoes and mushrooms. I had the easiest task...salad *HAHAHA*

It was the best Christmas I've ever had so far. When I was back in Malaysia, I'd always go to the clubs or just dine out with friends. Staying home having a small gathering with a few close friends is so much warmer and cosier, more Christmas spirit, I guess.

We had some red wine Heelim bought from Athens and I gotta say this, it was fantastic! I've always been a red wine hater because most of them are so dry but the one we had last night was sweet. After the meal, we had some of my Baileys and watched Love, Actually at Ju Ae's place.

The only hitch was that I had an argument with Shyan over the phone. It was one of those that almost led to a breakup. And I shed tears in front of my friends. God, that was so humiliating. But it's at times like these that you see who are your real friends. I'm glad to say that all of them are ^_^

Would really love to upload the pix here but unfortunately, I seem to be having problems with doing that on blogger now *shrug*

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cheer up gal!

Long distance relationship needs trust and perseverance. I know, it's hard. Life is full of ups and downs; trials and tribulations. We grow and learn day by day. Don't worry about a distant journey as long as one finds the way. You'll definitely find yours.

What lies behind us, and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. I guess, with courage, hope and faith, nothing is impossible, we'll acquire the strength to forward.

Give me a tinkle when you come to New Zealand ya.

Happy new year and have a great year ahead! :)

cal said...

hi babe,

sounds like my sentiments exactly. i'd used to head out for dinners, countdowns, partying, but this year, i just had 2 cosy gatherings at friend's places. it's another sort of enjoyment that i didn't used to appreciate better.

glad you did so too =)