Friday, July 06, 2007

A round up

It was a whirlwind of hospital and clinic visits, a case of flu and subsequently menses but praise the Lord I survived through it all and let's hope that the future will be promising!

I submitted my medicals to Emirates last Friday and they replied on Saturday saying they'd received it. Weird...I thought over there, they don't work on Fridays and Saturdays? And on Monday, they replied again telling me my medical has been approved! Yay~~~!!! Their efficiency is truly commendable!

Prob here is, they only said that it has been approved but there's no further instruction regarding the employment. So does it mean I can resign already (I already have haha)? Or I just wait for their email? Due to these doubts, I sent them an email voicing my concerns 4 days ago but I have yet to hear from them. Oh well, maybe they still have other things to settle before giving me the greenlight. Wish me luck!

Before you start thinking I'm an assuming swell-headed stuck-up bitch for resigning even before they ask me to, because I am probably too confident about the whole thing, allow me a chance to explain. I was gonna resign anyway, regardless of the outcome. If I don't leave this company anytime soon, I don't think I can do it later. So might as well take the risk.

In between this, I had to make the huge decision of declining Paprika's offer to work as a copywriter. It's an experience in a 4A's advertising agency which I really look forward to. But at the time, I was due to go for Emirates' medical checkups and I assumed it would take up at least 2 weeks' time for everything to come through. And I was down with flu so I couldn't proceed with it so imagine my stress then!

Paprika had been really kind in offering to pay my 2 months notice compensation for me, on condition that I'm bound to the company for a year. It was a pretty fair deal, which was why I felt extremely guilty for stalling their time for so long. Realizing I couldn't drag it any longer and their sincerity really doesn't allow mw to do that either, I decided to come clean with them.

Andrew fom Paprika was quite surprised when he heard it. However, he said that he really appreciated my honesty. Geez, glad would be putting it mildly...I was RELIEVED!!!

After a coupla days, I proceeded to handing in my resignation letter to my boss and told them the truth as well. Another reaction of surprise. But they were cool about it and granted me the leaves I needed to do my medical tests.

Glad that I made the right decision! At least I didn't need to worry so much since then! It was killing me holding everything inside!

So right now, I'm looking forward to the trip to Taiwan with my 2 elder sistas. Simply lurrrrrrrrrrrrve Taiwan! Just hope I'd have enough time to pack my stuff, rent out my room, move out and spend time with my family and friends after I return from Taiwan to prepare for Dubai!

Thank God and please guide me all the way!

No comments: