Friday, October 19, 2007

Life in Dubai

Just a short update...



Training had been excruciating. Never studied so hard in my life before.



Got the biggest unit in the entire building (there are only 26 of these outta the 13 floors building!)..YAY~! But the location of this building sucks. Glorious civilized fortress in the middle of nowhere - desert construction site...how charming...BUT BUT...I still don't intend to move cos other Emirates buildings have smaller living space.



Anyways, I'm closest to my Korean classmates - Heelim, Ju Ae, Jin Hee and Sung Eun. Also Gerel from Malaysia.



I look crap in the uniform - it seems like these baggy oversized coats are hanging off me. And I have to wear bright red lippie!!! GOSH!!!



Things here are extremely expensive. AED/DHS (Dirhams) is almost the same rate as MYR. And the prepaid phone card starter pack here costs AED165 WITHOUT any credit inside!!!



A broom costs at least Dhs8. But that's the worst of the lot i.e. fizzy brush that doesn't really clean. The average ones cost around Dhs18. How's that for a wretched broom?!? Dustpans are rather hard to find too. Probably because the people here are so wealthy that they only use vacuum cleaners?

GOD...everything is so inconvenient here and cab fare is burning a huge hole in my pocket, especially when I have to rely on taxi to get everywhere here! Aaaarrrrggghhhh!

But I will SURVIVE!!!

No comments: