Monday, June 04, 2007

Violent? ME?!?

I've always been a bit intimidated by Shyan's mom. I'm not normally not worried about meet-the-parents session. Even if I do, I think I always do a pretty good job covering it up. But well, there had been some misunderstanding between me and the lady, which thankfully had been sorted out so I've tried to be extremely courteous ever since.

Anyways, the Mom was here in KL from Kuching last week. So me and my boy took her around the 1 Utama area for makan and shopping. Everything went well until we made a trip down to Petaling Street. The weather had begun to turn bleaky and rainy starting late afternoon.

I was sharing the umbrella with Shyan's mom and everything was going smoothly albeit in a helter-skelter way. The Mom was just about to step into a shelter made up of food stalls when she suddenly turned and her cheekbone right under the eye smacked against the curved handle of the brolly I was holding.

I was so damn scared because I thought I had given her a black eye! Imagine a run-in like that with your possible future mother-in-law! I started apologizing profusely and kept asking her if she was alright. It was truly a relief that she was very understanding and didn't seem to mind about it so much.

Shyan's teasing remarks about the whole incident certainly didn't help either. I guess he just loves making fun of me...in a good-natured way of course. As the happy-go-lucky person I am, I also begin to think that it's really not a big deal after all.

Know what, I've hit a female trainee teacher in the face during secondary school too! Before you start yellin' at me for being a freak with violent tendencies, let me explain that it wasn't done in purpose too of course!

I was scribbling feverishly across the blackboard trying to solve a difficult Maths question and was pausing to shake my right hand a lil' bit because of the sore caused by the brisk scribble. So I was shaking my hand with all my might when suddenly I felt that I've hit something. And that something turned out to be the poor teacher's forehead or somewhere I can remember. It seemed that she appeared out of nowhere and I was too engrossed with solving the question to notice her. But thank God she didn't make a big deal out of it and just laughed it off.

So there you go, I am a clumsy elephant sometimes and I'm certainly not proud of it but those do make the funniest memories to remember!

4 comments:

Love a Lot said...

Haiyohhhh what lar you!!! No worries anyway cos you didn't mean it right? Surely won't spoil your reputation wan don't worry!!! Hahaha next time gotta be more careful

Korshovaster - Tarino Monster said...

yalor i'm damn clumsy hahaha

gilda said...

ooh i would have died from some panic attack if i did that to some possible future mother-in-law!! hee hee!! good thing she was okay about it! :)

Korshovaster - Tarino Monster said...

yeah, thank god!