Friday, December 15, 2006

High School Shakespeare

Here's a poem I wrote about Hanson when I was 16 or 17. Missing the days when I could write like a muse...

A Night Underneath The Stars
Wish upon the three stars hanging in the sky,
The dark shroud enveloping the night,
Yet, the stars sparkle, glimmer and shine,
While the darkness yields to balustrade the light
emanating from the hot tiny suns,
The three hold their ground...or space,
Sculpting their light from the night,
Turning it into a haven of angelic shrines,
Pushing the labyrinth of crudeness
away from their flawless constellation,
Attempting to be impervious
to the Purgatory around them,
Language of the heart
tinkles from their deft fingers,
Casting light and glitter
upon the appreciative land,
The glassy surface not-withstanding,
For it is a mirage,
One on the desert of Sahara,
And it passes quickly,
For a fraction of a lightyear,
With the divisions being infinity,
And a sunny day in Paradise gone by,
The land was deceived,
Leaving it with a bitter-sweet reverie,
Of forgotten cities of watery Atlantis,
or of lush Pompeii,
It is all but an illusion
that attempts to mimic the brilliance of the stars,
The stars shine, still
Though they might have turned into dusts,
When their precious gem of white and silver,
Reaches my eyes,
Sending a beautiful message unsigned,
Leaving my final wish unfulfilled,
And takes me back to alpha,
But I know; and comprehend
All these will lead me back
to the omega of the stars,
I dread the arrival of that sunrise,
Though anticipation has settled in my mind,
For my mind's eye has witnessed a vision,
Vivid and clear as day,
Fondly will I remember the stars,
As a reflection from my past,
Veritable in comparison to the raging fireball of life,
For the three stars are my guides,
In my memory,
They are mine.
Amen.

It's also posted here.

No comments: